[Wedding Invitations Guide] – How to choose wedding invitations
Your wedding invitations are the first peek of your guests into the wedding day, so you will definitely want to make it unique. Not sure where to start from? In this Wedding Invitations Guide we’ve got everything about this important piece of your wedding planning.
Wedding day is the most important event for any woman. White dress, veil or wreath, beautiful jewelry, exquisite restaurant, lovely wedding cake, artistic decorations. Have we forgotten anything? Wedding invitations, of course!
The day you say “Yes” you make the most important step in your life. And you want it to be really memorable. To accomplish this, you also need to invite the people you want to share this special moment with. And the best way to achieve this is by sending them wonderful wedding invitations.
But like every other detail about the wedding, wedding invitations also must be pitched to perfection. And last but not least, the most suitable design should meet a bunch of requirements. Here are some helpful tips on how to choose the perfect wedding invitations and what they should contain.
Fit the theme of the wedding
Learn more about different wedding invitation themes in this article: Top 20 Wedding Invitation Themes
Few brides realize that if they organized a thematic wedding, it would be nice if the invitations fit the theme. This will help guests to prepare their clothing, accessories and also themselves for your special day. For example, if you make your wedding to look like a wedding in the 50s, let your invitations have a vintage design and you will surely impress them even before the celebration. Here we can help you with a bunch of ideas and templates for vintage wedding invitations to choose from.
Do not focus only at the suggestions of local wedding agencies.
Learn how to plan your wedding without an agency in this article: [Ultimate Guide] How to Plan the Wedding Party Without Agency
You can find many interesting invitation templates on the web, ready for printing, so all you have to do is add text and take them to the printing press to print them out. You can choose from tons of different designs and wedding invitation templates here at brideprintables.com
If you have difficulty choosing the right invitation for your wedding, just ask your question in the comments below and we will be more than happy to help you.
Think outside of the box
Do not make your invitations like those of your friends and relatives. Instead, use your creativity and choose something special for you, your partner and your special guests.
This is your wedding day, not the one of your best friend or a relative. That’s why it is really important for you and your soulmate to choose and enjoy the wedding invitations by yourselves.
It is important to mention the dress code in the invitation, if there is any, of course
One of the most important things you must emphasize is the dress code. If you have special requirements for your guests’ clothing, please make sure to include them in the invitations.
Here are some tips on how to make wedding invitations more interesting:
- The invitation is not always necessary to be a piece of paper in an envelope. Add decorations, ribbons, etc. – depending on your wedding theme or your taste.
- To your closest guests and relatives, besides the invitation, you also have to offer a beautifully wrapped candy box and a bottle of wine. This is how you can impress them.
- You can play with the details. Even the simplest invitation can be unique if you attach a beautiful ribbon to the envelope. Ribbons can be made of hemp if you want to create vintage invitations, of silk if you make a glamorous wedding, and a ribbon in combination with pearls will hint for a simple but elegant and stylish wedding.
- You can make your own design by yourself or with the help of a designer / agent to make your wedding invitations even more unique.
- If you or your partner have an interesting or specific profession, the invitations may be related to it. For example, a ribbon with an anchor for seafarers, details or texts in Latin for the medics.
- Think of some unique text. Excite anyone who reads your invitation. Yes, we know it’s hard to have a beautiful love story in one or two sentences, but you can try at least.
- Finally, be sure to provide phone numbers to lead your guests to contact you and confirm their presence.
- If you have any dilemma, you can always contact the various agents, wedding consultants, or just write your question as a comment below this article.
Some practical tips…
To make sure that nothing will fail on the wedding day, here are a few things that you must pay attention to:
- Compare your guest lists together with your partner before you start choosing wedding invitations to make sure no one is neglected.
- If you are going to invite two people who live together, or a family couple with different names, use their full names.
- Provide detailed descriptions of where the wedding will take place, and where the celebration thereafter. In the invitation you must have the correct time, date, year and address.
Everything should look like one whole thing…
The main theme of the wedding decoration and accessories should be the pattern and color of the wedding dress, but also the colors of the bridesmaid dresses, the covers of the tables, the flowers. Everything should look like one whole thing.
Wedding decoration and accessories include items other than car decoration and bridal bouquet. An important element of the wedding decoration are the flowers, their type, their combination. But the following list includes all of the most important things that you should not forget about:
- Wedding invitations
- Buttonholes or even so-called flowers for guests, couples and for newlyweds
- Small gifts for guests
- Good luck baskets
- The decoration of the tables – the decoration of the main wedding table, the decoration of the tables for the guests
- The bridal bouquet
- Throwing bouquet
- Bridesmaids bouquets
- Decorating the cake table and the cake itself
- Car Decoration
- Envelope Box
- Ribbons and covers for chairs
- Ritual or wedding candles and candlesticks
- Vases, flower stands
- Wedding garter
- Wall and ceiling decorations
- Decorative stones, pearls, etc.
The selection of all these elements and their combination with the wedding invitations is crucial for the overall vision and feeling of the wedding theme. The original and stylish wedding accessories and invitations can be this this things that will give the unique mood of the whole wedding party. Give your wedding a unique atmosphere, putting all your emotion and style.